ABOUT THE PAN AFRICAN LAWYERS UNION
The Pan African African Lawyers Union (PALU) is the premier continental forum of and for lawyers and lawyers’ associations in Africa.
Established in 2002 to reflect the aspirations and concerns of the African people and to promote and defend their shared interests, PALU brings together the continent’s regional and national lawyers’ associations, and over 1,000 individual lawyers.
Members of PALU are lawyers, professionals and institutions from various areas of legal practice and professionals that adhere to our vision of seeing a united, just and prosperous Africa, built on the rule of law and good governance.
Our vision is to see a united, just and prosperous Africa, built on the rule of law and good governance.
Our mission is to advance the law and the legal profession, rule of law, good governance, human and peoples’ rights and socio-economic development of the African continent.
PALU’s governance consists of three bodies (General Assembly, Council and Executive Committee) with complementary responsibilities in terms of policy, strategic and financial oversight. The PALU General Assembly consists of all its corporate and individual members; it meets at least once every three years. The PALU Council is made up of the Presidents of the five regional and fifty-four national Lawyers’ Associations (Bar Associations and Law Societies). To what we do, Click here
- BULLETIN DE VOTE DES CANDIDATS BATONNAT DU 08.10.2019
- Lettre du président
- Letter from the President
- Discours des présidents de PALU
- PALU Presidents' Speech 2019
- Civil society letter to the African Union on the attacks against peaceful protestors in Sudan.
- PALU calls for protection of the democratic will of the people of Sudan
- Inter partes Court Hearing at EACJ, with the Government of South Sudan in the case of Kerbino Wol Agok
- Loliondo Case: Court Hearing adjourned until the next session, which is in June 2019.
- President's Letter to Members
- 31 October 2018- PALU seeks Urgent interim order again the South Sudan Government
- 30 October 2018- Letter from PALU President, on the Attack in TunisPresentations from the Tunis AC-GM
- 12 Oct 2018 - PALU sues the government of South Sudan
- 4 July 2019, African Court on Human and Peoples' Rights delivered Judgments on three Applications v United Republic of Tanzania (Reparations) in which Pan African Lawyers Union - PALU represented the Applicants pro bono:
- Judgment delivery in App. No 09/2015 Ikili Rashidi v. The United Republic of Tanzania at the African Court on Human & Peoples’ Rights.
- PALU President's Speech for the 10th Annual Conference 2019
- Discours du président de la PALU
- Letter from the PALU President post the Conference
- Lettre du président
- October 5, 2018 at Accra, Ghana
- October 26, 2018 at Arusha, Tanzania
- October 26, 2018 at Banjul, Gambia
Word From Our Members
REQUEST FOR CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to request a confidential consultation.