ABOUT THE PAN AFRICAN LAWYERS UNION
The Pan African African Lawyers Union (PALU) is the premier continental forum of and for lawyers and lawyers’ associations in Africa.
Established in 2002 to reflect the aspirations and concerns of the African people and to promote and defend their shared interests, PALU brings together the continent’s regional and national lawyers’ associations, and over 1,000 individual lawyers.
Members of PALU are lawyers, professionals and institutions from various areas of legal practice and professionals that adhere to our vision of seeing a united, just and prosperous Africa, built on the rule of law and good governance.
Our vision is to see a united, just and prosperous Africa, built on the rule of law and good governance.
Our mission is to advance the law and the legal profession, rule of law, good governance, human and peoples’ rights and socio-economic development of the African continent.
PALU’s governance consists of three bodies (General Assembly, Council and Executive Committee) with complementary responsibilities in terms of policy, strategic and financial oversight. The PALU General Assembly consists of all its corporate and individual members; it meets at least once every three years. The PALU Council is made up of the Presidents of the five regional and fifty-four national Lawyers’ Associations (Bar Associations and Law Societies). To what we do, Click here
- EACJ Dismisses the Burundi Appeal Challenging the election of the 4th EALA Speaker with costs.
- PALU Press Release - Files Request for an Advisory Opinion before the African Court (Eng:Fr)
- Letter from the PALU President on the COVID-19 Pandemic (ENG &FR)
- Forum des ONG à Banjul / NGO Forum in Banjul: 18th October 2019: Banjul- The Gambia -FR
- BULLETIN DE VOTE DES CANDIDATS BATONNAT DU 08.10.2019
- Lettre du président
- Letter from the President
- Discours des présidents de PALU
- PALU Presidents' Speech 2019
- Civil society letter to the African Union on the attacks against peaceful protestors in Sudan.
- PALU calls for protection of the democratic will of the people of Sudan
- Inter partes Court Hearing at EACJ, with the Government of South Sudan in the case of Kerbino Wol Agok
- Loliondo Case: Court Hearing adjourned until the next session, which is in June 2019.
- President's Letter to Members
- 31 October 2018- PALU seeks Urgent interim order again the South Sudan Government
- 30 October 2018- Letter from PALU President, on the Attack in TunisPresentations from the Tunis AC-GM
- 12 Oct 2018 - PALU sues the government of South Sudan
- 28th January 2020, At the 1st Instance Division of EACJ to continue cross-examination of witnesses in Ref No. 10 of 2017 - Ololosokwan Village Council & 3 Others vs the Attorney General of the United Republic of Tanzania.
- 5th December 2019, Unto the Kerbino Case, EACJ rules ruled that the arbitrary arrest had been overtaken by events as the subject had been charged and tried before the national Courts of South Sudan.
- 4th December 2019, EACJ 1st Instance Division delivers a Judgment in a matter where Burundian NGO’s were banned for allegedly being involved in political issues vs. the Republic of Burundi.
- The 33rd ordinary session of the Assembly of the African Union: 9th – 10th February 2020, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Under the theme 'Silencing the guns: creating conducive conditions for Africa's development'.
- The Sixth session of the Africa Regional Forum on Sustainable Development. Monday, February 24, 2020 to Thursday February 27, 2020, Elephant Hills Resort, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe.
- 2020 Bangkok - Boiling Point to Turning Point: The 8th Financial Transparency Conference: April 1st to 2nd 2020.
- International Criminal Law Course with a Train-the Trainer Component, 1st to 4th June 2020, Epe, Nigeria.
- International Justice Symposium, 22nd to 23rd June 2020, Dakar, Senegal.
- International Justice Symposium, Expert Meeting on ICC review and Strategic meeting of the Africa Group for Justice and Accountability, 16th to 17th July 2020, Pretoria, South Africa.
- PALU11th Annual Conference, 23rd to 26th September 2020, Arusha, Tanzania.
Word From Our Members
REQUEST FOR CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to request a confidential consultation.