ABOUT THE PAN AFRICAN LAWYERS UNION
UPCOMING EVENTS FROM OUR MEMBERS.
- Bandung Conference, September 22-23 2018, Kenya.
- Commonwealth Law Conference, April 8-12 2019, Livingstone, Zambia.
- Arusha, 10 September 2018; Public Hearing postponed until further notice: In the Reference No. 002/2017: Media Council of Tanzania & 2 Others (Applicants) v. AG of the Republic of Tanzania (Respondent).
- Arusha, 5 September 2018; Scheduling Conference in the matter of App. No. 004/2017. Niyongabo Theodore & 2 others v. The Attorney General of the Republic of Burundi.
- Arusha, 4 September 2018; A mentioning in the matter of App. No. 002/2018. The AG of the Republic of Burundi v. The SG of the EAC and Hon. Fred Mukasa Mbidde.
THE YEAR OF THE WOMAN
Alas!!! It is that time and day of the year when the whole world takes a 'moment' to celebrate and appreciate the Woman. Her achievements, struggles, wins and every nuance attached to being a woman. A time and day of the year when male colleagues take the time to appreciate their female counter-parts; when brothers and sons sing praises to their mothers and sisters; when strangers become champions of women that are thought of having deserved certain accolades in the society at large. And celebrate the Woman we should, but TODAY I choose to declare this year the 'Year of the Woman'.The year that we not only celebrate the Woman for a day, but champion her to new heights and provide platforms to elevate Her; create laws that protect Her physically and economically; advocate to repeal laws that undermine Her and Her intellect; and support Her initiatives. TODAY, I highlight why 2018 will not only be the year of the Woman globally but the beginning of the decade that defined the Woman of today and tomorrow. Although the road to 2018 has been a long and cumbersome one, it has fostered the building of stronger bridges and more alliances to elevate Women, thereby paving the way for continuous growth...
READ FULL STORY
African Human Rights Action Plan 2017-2026.
REQUEST FOR CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to request a confidential consultation.